Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Loading time questions about: google +, facebook, google analytics, Jquerry...

Hello,

I have added various scripts at the end of my project.html page :
 - Google analytics
 - Facebook Like Box
 - Google + badge

#1 - The problem is that the first time (and others) my app loads, I cannot access to my home page before theses scripts have finished to be executed or downloaded (at the bottom left corner of Chrome, it is written : "Waiting for google api/facebook/google-analytics... "). Is it the normal behaviour ?

Any solution to load theses scripts after the main content (initial page) has been displayed ? 

#2 - When using PageSpeed Audit, many errors are related to facebook (oAuth...), is this related to a bad coding practice of their plugin ?.

#3 - I need some special effects, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11623305/how-to-fix-a-div-or-a-panel-after-some-scroll-in-gwt and so I was debating about the use of JQuerry. Adding JQuerry is just a question of adding initial download isn't it ? Finally, I am thinking that adding 42 kB of code is not a matter of fact (comparated tot the 350 kB of my initial download), isn't it ?.

#4 -  I do not have any idea about how to compare my app to others (in term of initial download size). Is there a tool to know it ?
- Would GMAIL be more or less than 350kB at initial download ?
- Same question for Adsense ?

Thanks you,



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/u9161hsxYAkJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment