Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Re: Setting a GWT Module property from outside the gwt.xml file



On Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:31:32 AM UTC+1, andrew_d_mackenzie wrote:
I wanted to know if it is possible to set a property used during GWT
Compile from outside the gwt.xml file.

My example is:

  <set-property name="gwt.logging.logLevel" value="INFO"/>
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.enabled" value="FALSE"/>

I would like to have the logging code in my source, and have it run
when I do a "debug" build (I have a custom ant build that does this
and sets a number of debug parameters), but to have logging disabled,
and hence have the code optimized out when I do my "production" build.

Is there any way to set such GWT compile properties from outside this
file, from my ant build, such as by passing arguments to the GWT
Compiler?

No, but there are alternatives:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideOrganizingProjects.html#DevGuideModuleXml (see the "working module" example in the "Renaming modules" subsection)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment