Thursday, September 30, 2010

Re: 2.1 Documentation

What is the reason for IsWidget only returning the widget and not
having all of the public methods available to widget?

One thing I've done for a new project I'm starting on is writing an
interface that exposes every public method on every class, mirroring
the gwt class hierarchy. That way I could pass an IsButton back to my
presenter and have access to all public methods on button instead of
having to expose HasClickHandlers, HasFocusHandlers, HasText.... as
separate methods or a really ugly generic.

As an added benefit, if I use providers from Gin, I can inject
providers for those widgets and then create them on demand inside my
presenter should I need to.

On Sep 29, 7:05 pm, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 sep, 00:18, Daniel Kurka <kurka.dan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just started to take a look on GWT 2.1m3 and MVP and made a small blog
> > post about it.
>
> > Maybe this will help?
>
> >http://blog.daniel-kurka.de/2010/09/testdriving-gwt-mvp-from-gwt-21-m...
>
> Could you please switch your blog to english? I was able to figure out
> what "Vorschau" means only because I've recently commented on other
> Blogger blogs.
>
> Looking forward to read the next blog post!
>
> (note that your SimpleDisplay won't be needed in 2.1m4 as SimplePanel
> implements AcceptsOneWidget –the new name for Activity.Display–; also,
> views generally will be widgets themselves, rather than contain
> widgets, again this is made a bit easier in 2.1m4 as Widget implements
> IsWidget, returning itself, so you don't have to write the asWidget
> method if your view is a Widget)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment