Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Unable to add a new module to the webapp using Eclipse

Hello,

I created a sample GWT webapp using the Eclipse plugin, and it runs perfectly.

But when I try adding a new module by,

    a) Right-clicking the above webapp project,
    b) Selecting the "New | Other... | GWT Classes | Module" option; and
    c) Clicking the Next button on the wizard

nothing happens - the wizard continues to remain on the same wizard-page!

I next copy-pasted the package/directory structure of my working webapp, and made suitable changes to the 'NewModule.gwt.xml' and its contents; also changed Java class names appropriately.

But when I run GWT Compile on the project (by right clicking the project in Eclipse), it only compiles the original webapp, completely ignoring my 'NewModule' module that I manually created on the file-system.

What am I doing wrong?
Is there a command-line method to ease the process of a new module-creation in an existing web app, or, ideally, creating it as a stand-alone entity?

I'm using GWT 2.8 with Eclipse Neon, on Ubuntu 16.04.

Regards,
/HS

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment