Saturday, April 22, 2017

Re: GWT/Maven development cycle takes much too long

There may be some misunderstandings:

The question scope=provided or not affects the dependency for my own library "my-lib" in the pom.xml of my application "my-app".
    • If I remove it, the "Failed to copy file for artifact" returns (= problem 1).
    • If I keep it, the external libraries referenced by "my-lib" (like postgresql-40.0.0.jar) don't get copied into the WEB-INF/lib folder of "my-app" (problem 2).
So by changing scope=provided I can only choose between problem 1 and problem 2.

Now you said that problem 2 isn't a problem, because the external libraries are provided at runtime, e. g. by Tomcat.
Let's focus this point.

I am running my own Tomcat and when I deploy a WAR file, I don't want to care about the external libraries it needs.
Before Maven, there was no need for this, because the external libs were included in WEB-INF/lib.

Now - with Maven - I shall care about the libs a WAR file needs a second time?
I already have specified all the dependencies in the pom.xml of my-lib.

Why not include all the needed jar fiiles in WEB-INF/lib and have one WAR file that can be deployed as its own?

Magnus

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment