Thursday, February 25, 2016

Re: Forbidden words Service for GWT

I ran in to the same situation and quickly put together a servlet filter that filters out words I felt show the intention of hacking in to my system.  For example words like select, <script>, etc.  The filter is configured via a configuration file.  I can add as many new words I wish and the filter will pickup without a restart.

Like you did, I thought about an external service (free/paid) too but I was concerned about the performance.

I still think your idea is good if performance is not an issue.  I would expect such a service to be comprehensive, thoroughly thought out, rigorously tested, and supports multi-lingual.  Please keep us posted, this would be helpful for many.

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 7:56:38 AM UTC-5, Julio Heitor Nobrega wrote:

    Hey guys,

    i am developing a e-commerce site using GWT and i would like to ask if there is some paid/free webservice solution that verifies the existence of forbidden words (violence, sexual, weapon and/or  hate related) give a String.

    Best regards!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment