Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Re: Is GWT not being massively adopted because the crawler problem?

The crawler problem probably is a reason for public websites.
What I found out is that there is a lot of misconception about GWT. Many people don't try it because of rumors that are mostly false.

In the past 6 years I have given a GWT demonstration in 4 different companies. All 4 companies where not keen on using GWT after googling it. But all 4 companies where more than impressed by GWT after my demo.
All 4 companies now use GWT for their web front-ends. 


I think that starting with GWT is not that easy. And that the website is not that much of a help (still examples with old dev mode and stuff).
I think the GWT website should have on the frontpage : 'What is GWT', 'Quick example', 'What next'

This quick-example should be 100% foolproof to follow (with the current examples you will get stuck because they use devmode). And it should use Eclipse or IntelliJ, superdevmode, bootstrap or polymer, json communication

What's more should mention stuff about mobile websites (mgwt, jqm4gwt, gwtphonegap) and other things (links to gwt wrappers for stuff like google maps, openlayers, the ahomé wrappers, arcbees stuff, vaadin, ....)


Op woensdag 20 januari 2016 06:35:30 UTC+1 schreef Adolfo Rodriguez:
Hi, the title is provocative. I wanted to ask 2 questions in the same thread. I love GWT, no doubt is the framework that delivers higher productivity. But I quit using it 2 years ago because google robots where not able to properly index my pages despite I implemented the escaped fragment specs. Disappointing.

On the other hand, I would expect much more traction in a Java framework than can combine presentation (Bootstrap) with presentation login (any JS libraries) and server side. But barely you can see job openings in the market demanding GWT. Even, the last message in this list is 40 days old.

So, I want to raise the question:

* what is stopping GWT against other frameworks? Is the problem with crawlers?

* what i the current status of crawler, HTML generation and search engine robots?

I have a mixed feeling with GWT, I love it... but my experience says that I should not use it.

Thanks



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment