Saturday, December 19, 2015

Best way to extending existing GWT JRE implementation?

I am attempting to extending an existing GWT JRE implementation.  When a class an existing JRE class is missing, it is straightforward to add the missing class.  However when GWT provides a PARTIAL implementation, I have found no easy way to manually implement one or more missing methods.

I believe that deferred binding might be a possible solution, HOWEVER I am dealing with some shared library code and I don't want to have to resort to GWT.create everywhere.

When I simply try to override the GWT-supplied class (copy/pasting the existing GWT code, and adding to it), the changes to not appear to "stick" and the compiler appears to use the standard classes from gwt-user.jar.

Is there a simple solution to this?  I would like to avoid forking GWT locally to prevent future headache.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment