Thursday, October 29, 2015

Re: SEO Google Crawlable experience ?

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Ed Bras <post2edbras@gmail.com> wrote:
Where can I find the new scheme details ?

I don't - I haven't found any. The page you posted is the most authoritative page but it refers to the old scheme (#!, ?_escaped_fragment) and I can't tell with certainty what stays true for the new scheme.
 
So I am thinking about using #! instead of # and see what happens, or using the History.pushState() (I not support IE 9 anyway), as I get the idea that these url's (created with the pushState()), can be indexed by Google. But I am not sure.

I don't know about pushState(). I am using GWT History.newItem(). Looks like pushState() requires some reading from my part :-).
 
What do you think? Are your ur's with the # fragment indexed by Google?

The point is: I am not sure. I switched to #! from # and I can't go back because the old scheme with _escaped_fragment_ is honored from LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Bing so I will support nevermind what google does. FYI google crawls my pages both new style and old style - but my pages have #!

If I find anything new I will post it here.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment