Monday, October 26, 2015

Re: Next release

Hi

My rationale for the request is we run up server, client and server, in a single jvm. We have tried upgrading our runtime to say jetty 9 and come unstuck. (I don't have the detail)

More recently I have been working on a spring boot gwt app. I would like to run this in one Jvm using maven gwt plugin but could not get it working as it uses jetty 8. I supplied a web.xml (that Spring boot does not need) to enable jetty to bootstrap but Spring security was not handling the requests for some reason.

I have ended up with running my spring boot container exposing debug port and running gwt maven plugin with super Dev mode and no server option. This allows me to recompile using bookmark lets but the break points are not being hit so it is not ideal.

However back to my original request, I just don't understand, from a design perspective, why you would want to couple yourself so closely to a particular version of a web container. It does cause issues.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment