Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Re: Progress bar during GWT bootstrap process?


This is what I am doing currently. But its not the most user friendly.

I'd like to show a progress bar which indicates how much longer there is to go.

Worst case, I can override the Dom function for injecting a script, and use that to request the scripts over websockets, and update the progress with each frame sent.

Is that what I have to do, or is there a better way?


I often use fake progress bars if I don't have progress information or don't want to do nasty things to obtain the information. To do so I calculate the mean duration of a given task and store it in local storage. Then I use the mean duration to animate the progress bar. To handle the rare case that a task takes much longer than usual I only animate the progress bar to 95% and then stay there until the task completes.

Usually it works quite well for me.

-- J.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment