Thursday, September 27, 2012

Re: gwt module may need to be (re)compiled

I was experiencing this same problem recently and for the benefit of the community I am posting my solution today:

I discovered that my src/main/webapp folder contained an old module.nocache.js file.

If you see this error message, check the timestamp of your module.nocache.js to ensure that it is in sync with the rest of the GWT compiler output (i.e. *.gwt.rpc and *.cache.png). In my case, I'm guessing that an old DevMode execution from within eclipse directed the GWT compiler output to the src/main/webapp folder and this was getting packaged in to the war file by maven instead of the freshly compiled version.

Nick


On Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:18:36 AM UTC-4, Thomas Van Driessche wrote:
Hi all,

I have developed for a while now on a gwt 2.0.0 and maven project.
But recently i did a maven clean install on the project to generate
the war file in the target folder.

Now when i tried to do a mvn gwt:run again it sais that the module may
need to be (re)compiled...
I can't get it fixed.

I even checked out an older version of the project out of the
repository in an new workspace, but still i get the error.
And i am sure that that version was working when i checked in the
changes...

Any idea pls??

I'm really stuck here

kind regards,
Thomas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/LrX-tEFOAmgJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment