Sunday, January 29, 2012

GWT + App Engine = problem with static files size

Hello,

I have an application built with pure GWT 2.4 (with no other
frameworks) with GAE, and I'm having a big problem with the current
limit of static files size on GAE: 150 MB (more about it:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime.html#Quotas_and_Limits
).

The problem is: my application contains 3 modules, with 3 entry
points. Each module is compiled to 5 browsers (ie8, ie9, gecko1_8,
safari, opera). Each symbolMap file has about 3MB.

So, only with symbolMaps, I have 3 modules * 5 browsers * 3MB each =
45MB.

Oh, and there is the I18n problem. Supporting 3 locales, I'd have
everything * 3, which gives me 135 MB. But the application is not only
about symbolMaps files, I also have a lib folder, with 20 MB, and the
server side code. So, yes, with a not-so-big application, I hit the
static file limit of GAE.

My question is: Is there a way I can upload those symbolMap files to
my BlobStore (as regular files) and then use them from the script
loader? In other words: is it possible to change the location of those
files, in a way I can control the URL (making them point to the GAE's
BlobStore) ?

Thank you.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment