Saturday, December 31, 2011

Re: Deferred binding failed for ClientFactory

Fixed.

While wrestling with this, I've also been trying and failing to get
the GWT plugin to install (see
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/ab1e73188746862c).

On another user's recommendation I installed Eclipse 3.7 for EE
(removing all previous Eclipse folders). After installing the plugin,
my app worked. However this was not without some pain: Eclipse
insisted that "there are no GWT SDKs in your build path" and that two
references to GWT.getModuleName() in a .ui.xml file were invalid
because the method did not exist (absolutely untrue). I deleted these
errors and finally got my current app to run in devmode.

On Dec 30, 7:05 am, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My app is running fine on my Linux machine with GWT 2.3. I'm now
> trying to build it on a Windows box with GWT 2.4 (Eclipse 3.6 in both
> cases).
>
> When I run it in devmode from Eclipse, I get this error:
>
> Uncaught exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Deferred binding
> failed for 'com.optix.cold.client.ClientFactory' (did you forget to
> inherit a required module?)
>     at
> com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:53)
>     at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:97)
>     at com.optix.cold.client.Cold.onModuleLoad2(Cold.java:187)
> ...
>
> The line in question (#187) is:
>
>     ClientFactory clientFactory = GWT.create(ClientFactory.class);
>
> My gwt.xml file includes:
>
>   <replace-with class="com.optix.cold.client.ClientFactoryImpl">
>     <when-type-is class="com.optix.cold.client.ClientFactory"/>
>   </replace-with>
>
> That's all lifted right out of the Activities and Places example
> (http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/
> DevGuideMvpActivitiesAndPlaces.html).
>
> As I said, this all runs on GWT 2.3. I copied the files over in a zip
> file, only changing the war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar and gwt-
> servlet-deps.jar to match 2.4.
>
> I've also tried changing "new PlaceController(EventBus)" from the
> deprecated (in 2.4) com.google.gwt.event.shared.EventBus to
> com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus
>
> What could be going wrong?
>
> My other apps are running fine, but I don't attempt deferred binding
> in those.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment