Thursday, December 29, 2011

GWT application freezes when new version is deployed while using it

While using the GWT application, I deployed the new version of the
application. Once deployment is complete my application freezes until
I do the full refresh. I originally thought this was caching problem,
so I assigned all the files to be no-cache by setting all response
headers using the filter. But still with this filter application
freezes when I deploy a new version.

What could be a cause of this?

What I am trying to achieve here is to be able to deploy a new version
of GWT application while user is using the application. This means
when the JavaScript changes I want user to get it from the server
instead of using the cached one without any glitch (maybe slow
response time since request need to go to the server in this case).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment