Saturday, December 31, 2011

Re: Cannot install Eclipse GWT (and other Google)-plug-ins

AT LAST!

And getting the GWT stuff installed in Eclipse seems to have fixed the
problem I linked to in my last message. However this was not without
some pain: Eclipse insisted that "there are no GWT SDKs in your build
path" and that two references to GWT.getModuleName() in a .ui.xml file
were invalid because the method did not exist (absolutely untrue). I
deleted these errors and finally got my current app to run in devmode.

On Dec 31, 10:17 am, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers", which is all I've ever used on
> Linux. I've tried both 3.6 and 3.7. I've been trying with the 64-bit
> version which matches my JDK.
>
> I've removed all Eclipse folders and downloads from this Windows box
> and will try again (at least I hope I've gotten them all, even
> the .eclipse folder in my home folder). I'll try the EE version this
> time.
>
> I'm wondering if this problem with GWT is what's causing my other
> current Windows difficulty:http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/threa...
>
> I'm very close to blowing away Windows 7 on this laptop and going with
> Linux. But given all the unique problems caused by IE, I want to have
> a Window test machine for that as well even if the OS is horribly slow
> and obtuse.
>
> On Dec 31, 6:33 am, Ian Bambury <ianbamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > What version of Eclipse are you using? As I said, the only one that would
> > work for me was the Java EE.
>
> > On 31 December 2011 14:27, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have Oracle's JDK 1.6.0_29 installed on Windows 7. I've installed
> > > Eclipse 3.7.
>
> > > The ONLY portion from the link below that installs is GWT Designer for
> > > GPE.  For ALL other components I'm told they can't be found. For
> > > example:
>
> > > Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
> > > not be found.
> > >  Software being installed: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7
> > > 2.5.0.v201112160242-rel-r37
> > > (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group
> > > 2.5.0.v201112160242-rel-r37)
>
> > > (In a related note, it's stuff like this that dissuades me from using
> > > Maven. I've never ran a Maven build of any size for which all the
> > > required components could be found.)
>
> > > On Dec 30, 9:00 pm, Alan <alan.q.y...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > install oracle jdk, no open jdk
>
> > > > ...
>
> > > >http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.7
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment