Saturday, December 31, 2011

Re: Cannot install Eclipse GWT (and other Google)-plug-ins

"Eclipse IDE for Java Developers", which is all I've ever used on
Linux. I've tried both 3.6 and 3.7. I've been trying with the 64-bit
version which matches my JDK.

I've removed all Eclipse folders and downloads from this Windows box
and will try again (at least I hope I've gotten them all, even
the .eclipse folder in my home folder). I'll try the EE version this
time.

I'm wondering if this problem with GWT is what's causing my other
current Windows difficulty:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/b708fcc6232a06df

I'm very close to blowing away Windows 7 on this laptop and going with
Linux. But given all the unique problems caused by IE, I want to have
a Window test machine for that as well even if the OS is horribly slow
and obtuse.

On Dec 31, 6:33 am, Ian Bambury <ianbamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What version of Eclipse are you using? As I said, the only one that would
> work for me was the Java EE.
>
> On 31 December 2011 14:27, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I have Oracle's JDK 1.6.0_29 installed on Windows 7. I've installed
> > Eclipse 3.7.
>
> > The ONLY portion from the link below that installs is GWT Designer for
> > GPE.  For ALL other components I'm told they can't be found. For
> > example:
>
> > Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
> > not be found.
> >  Software being installed: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7
> > 2.5.0.v201112160242-rel-r37
> > (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group
> > 2.5.0.v201112160242-rel-r37)
>
> > (In a related note, it's stuff like this that dissuades me from using
> > Maven. I've never ran a Maven build of any size for which all the
> > required components could be found.)
>
> > On Dec 30, 9:00 pm, Alan <alan.q.y...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > install oracle jdk, no open jdk
>
> > > ...
>
> > >http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.7
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment