Monday, March 12, 2018

GWT with App Engine (standard) and maven?

Hi folks,
after all those years I've decided to start migrating our GWT / App Engine (standard) projects from Ant to Maven.
The main app consists of several GWT libraries and multiple modules.
I'd also like to split the monolithic app into several "microservices" running on App Engine (frontend and backend).
Problem is that I've not used maven much in the past so there is a lot of new stuff to learn.
I've Googled a bit in the last days to get the big picture, but I did not find any tutorials how to put it all together.
So I though it would be a good idea to try to collect as much info from the experts as possible and write down a tutorial for others facing the same situation.

What I did so far:
I've created a maven parent project as I thought it may be a good idea to have a child project for each app engine module / service.
I've added the first maven module (frontend) and created an empty project from the appengine standard archetype.

I tried to add the gwt maven plugin to this project, but I had no clue how to do that.
I copy/pasted the definitions from here into the pom:
https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/usage.html

When running

maven gwt:compile

I just get this error:
[WARNING] Error: Could not find or load main class com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Daniel

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment