Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Re: chrome 53 freezes my GWT 2.7 app

I was actually about to open a new topic on this exact issue till i found this. We have a rather gwt large app, where we are at the point of setting our SDM VM args to -Xmx14g. All was working well until yesterday when I updated from Chrome 53 to Chrome 54. Now, everytime I try to hit a breakpoint in super dev mode, it actually hits the breakpoint in dev tools, the does its normal spinning (where its loading up the source maps), then after 3 seconds completely crashes the chrome tab with an Chrome Out of Memory Exception. Note: the app works fine in super dev mode as long as i dont hit any breakpoints. Also, I have plenty of free ram available. Im thinking this is an issue with Chrome itself, but figured I'd check here first. (let me know if I should break this out into its own thread)

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:23:17 AM UTC-4, Kirill Prazdnikov wrote:
Debugging in Chrome is broken for me.
It consumes 100% cpu and hangs.
I use an old Chrome to work.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment