Monday, May 16, 2016

Need help with an ideea on file processing

Hello,

I have a application, which has 2 main places. The AdminPlace, for the admin, and the UserPlace for the Users. I made a helper class, which generates html from excel, which I want to use it like this: The admin uploads an excel file, from which html code gets generated and displayed in the UserPlace for the users. By now, I don't have the AdminPlace implemented. I know I need to send my file, once selected, to the server, where it gets processed and returns my String or HTML to the client. I know how to send my file to the server, but I don't know how to retrieve the result to the client.

I try to create the widget here: How do I get the String/HTML from server, what requests do I have to do and how should it be implemented ?

upkeepMenu.addItem(UserMenuConstants.MENU_ITEM_GENERAL_VIEW, new Command() {

@Override
public void execute() {
scroller.clear();
Widget generalCostsView = new HTML(/*String returned from server, or directly HTML*/);
scroller.add(generalCostsView);
}
});

Thanks in advence

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment