Friday, October 24, 2014

Problem to understand compile report

Hey,

I am working with a existed application and I should like to reduce the initial download size.
For that, I see the compile report in order to know where/what I can do...

Do you know a tutorial in order to help me to understand the generated report ?

For example, I have a initial download size : 768 kBytes (this is too large!)
I see its detailed report, so 2 sections
Package breakdown and Code Type Breakdown
The total of percentage of Code Type Breakdown is 100%, but the total Package breakdown is not 100 %, why ?

The total Package breakdown is 33.1 %.
Where is the (100% - 33.1 %=) 66.9 % of code ?

Then, I see the Package breakdown : 
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui : 74kBytes : 11.2 % : I can do anything because this is google !
java.util : 41 kBytes : 6.3 % : I can do anything because this is google !
com.gr.client.core.refui.imageresources : 36kBytes : 5.4 % : this is my code, but 5.4 % is not too big, if I do something, this will not be great in my initial download .
com.google.gwt.lang : 34kBytes : 5.2 % :  I can do anything because this is google !
com.gr.client.application.remote : 34kBytes : 5.1 % is not too big, if I do something, this will not be great in my initial download .

How do you reduce the initial download size ? the procedure ? a tutorial ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment