Monday, October 28, 2013

Error using IMAGE/IO in a Servlet

I'm trying to read a .tiff on the back end of my server. I do:

[...]
FileImageInputStream fis = new FileImageInputStream(new File(p_tifName));
Object o = ImageIO.getImageReadersByFormatName(
"tiff").next();
TIFFImageReader reader = (TIFFImageReader)o;
reader.setInput(fis);
[...]

If I run this code in the Servlet via a main() it works fine. But when running in Dev Mode, I get the error:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader cannot be cast to com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader

I have the imageIO.jar on the class path. Everything seems happy, except in Dev mode. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss at how to get around an error saying a class can't be casted to itself. 

-Sean

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment