Tuesday, June 18, 2019

"socket.io.js" + JSInterop

Hi All, 
Just a small query. I am working on an application that requires real-time interaction between server and client. After considering GWT for some time, I am coming to the conclusion that GWT has not, does not, and will not support this kind of interaction. I may be wrong, but I suspect that there is no easy way to achieve this functionality with GWT.  I am aware that some years ago the Atmosphere framework provided something along these lines, but the Atmosphere project is, I am sorry to say, something of a mess at the moment, and appears to be fading. The other project I am considering is of course SocketIO but I can't see how it would be possible to add a SocketIO client to a GWT project. ("socket.io.js" + JSInterop gives me nightmares and wouldn't work anyway, would it?)  But maybe it (real-time + GWT) has been done already, I would like to know. 
Thanks for any insights.
RA

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/1bdd98a4-a719-41d4-9b5b-f7b2e7af722e%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment