Monday, August 29, 2011

How can I extends GWT

I'm trying extend GWT's MenuItem, in GWT you can only place text
there, what i want is place any widget like a button near the text. So
I start making a sub class from MenuItem and i get many problem. Many
properties are private, I cannot override them, or I must override all
function which use these properties as well. And there are many stuff
are only in package visiable, so my implementation must follow the
original GWT Widget, use the gwt's package structure.

So I think it's not quite easy to extend the GWT Widget, I know there
is a Composite class which can pack different Widget together, but
that cannot solve all problem. And I don't want to use other 3rd GWT
libray like smartGWT or GWTExt, they change alot and are very
diffrenet from GWT.

So my question is, is there any good way to extend GWT's widgets?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment