Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Extra Outer ScrollPanel in Firefox

Mac OS X 10.5
Java 6
GWT 2.3.0

I'm having difficulty with my application rendering in Firefox. I've
created a ListBox that will contain names and I've placed it in a
ScrollPanel.

ListBox list = new ListBox();
ScrollPanel scrollpanel = new ScrollPanel( list );
VerticalPanel main = new VerticalPanel();
main.add( scrollpanel );

When the component appears in the Firefox browser, horizontal and the
vertical scrollbars appear on some sort of "outer" component, as an
extra ScrollPanel even before the list is populated with names.
Moreover, when the listbox becomes populated, I see the proper
Vertical scrollbar for the list box but the outer scrollbar remains.
That is, I can see a properly configured ListBox within a ScrollPanel,
within some form of unknown ScrollPanel.

By contrast, In Safari I observe the desired behavior. That is, the
scroll bars do not appear until the list is populated with names. At
that time, the vertical bar appears and it functions in the desired
way, scrolling the list so that the names become visible. There are
no other scroll bars other than what are expected.

I've come across a thread somewhere that suggested I must resize the
ListBox because it is too wide. But too wide for what? What is
causing the extra ScrollPanel to appear in Firefox and how can I
remove it? Many thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment