Monday, July 25, 2016

Re: Ui Binder Alternatives

I don't want to start a huge discussion necessarily but are Widgets really losing support?

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 10:45:29 AM UTC-7, Paul Stockley wrote:
One option when 2.8 is released would be to use GWT React (https://github.com/GWTReact/gwt-react). React is a good substitute for the view layer and can be integrated with existing widgets so you can migrate your way to a UiBinderless approach.

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 9:40:02 PM UTC-4, N Troncoso wrote:
With GWT 3.0, Widgets and UI Binder is losing support. Even besides that, I'm not a huge fan of UI Binder. I'd really just prefer to use vanilla HTML. With that said, I've been searching for other options and I've only found that alternatives are very limited. Even more so, examples of how to integrate alternatives into GWT are basically non-existent. So, my question is, what can I use instead of Widgets and UI Binder and where can I find examples/tutorials/documentation on how to use them in GWT.

I found Errai as one option. But, this seems to be an entire framework, rather than just a template system.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment