Saturday, November 28, 2015

Step-by-step debug configurations for GWT application in Spring Tool Suite (STS) IDE

Hi,

Good day.

I've just been assigned a complicated Spring application implemented using GWT which I don't have prior knowledge and experience.

I desperately need your help on how to debug the application so I can dissect it.

The setup is this. The IDE used for the GWT application is Spring Tool Suite (STS) IDE because it is a Spring application basically. The application has to be run on a Tomcat instance running outside of the STS IDE. The Tomcat is running either on the same local machine or on a remote one.

What I would like to do is as I access the application via the browser and interacts/navigates with it by clicking buttons, menus, etc, the STS IDE should be in Debug mode and hits breakpoints that I set previously.

After googling for several days now, I have found a lot of tutorials/links/articles but I could not really find one that gives a novice web application developer like a step-by-step guide on how to debug the application given the above scenario.

Please kindly help me with a step-by-step guide with example on each step on how to debug the application given the above scenario/requirements.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment