Monday, November 30, 2015

CellTable loses text selection on update.

I have a CellTable with some text cells.

I have a AsyncDataProvider and inside there I have a timer that runs every second.

But when I call updateRowData(0, list) every second it replaces the text in the CellTable.

If you have selected the text with the mouse it removes the text selection. If you move the
mouse while keeping the mouse button pressed it creates an anoying flashing effect on the
selection.

Maybe this is the expected behaviour. But I have seen some other javascript stuff that is not
GWT that is able to update the text in a table without doing anything with the text selection.
The text changes while being inside the text selection. That is what I want.

So is there anything I can do to not have the selection disappear?

This is the html it produces for a cell:
<td class="GF02RMQCA GF02RMQCC GF02RMQCD">
<div tabindex="0" style="outline-style:none;" __gwt_cell="cell-gwt-uid-7515">description http://google.com</div>
</td>

The only work around I can think of is to not allow text selection with CSS to avoid this altogether.

Thanks,
Jay.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment