Saturday, May 2, 2015

GWT 2.7.0 DevMode not allowing multiple GWT Modules

I've migrated a Maven based GWT project from GWT 2.5 to 2.7. The project has 2 GWT Modules (.gwt.xml) within one Maven project. In GWT 2.5 I was able to start DevMode and point the browser to the host page of either module and all worked fine.

My POM looked like this:

<runTarget>${gwt.hostPageModuleA}</runTarget>  <modules>      <module>com.xyz.ModuleA</module>      <module>com.xyz.ModuleB</module>  </modules>  

Now with GWT 2.7 (still using "classic" DevMode), DevMode only works for the module which has its hostPage configured as runTarget. If I switch the hostPage to moduleB, moduleB works.

If I'm accessing the module which is not matching the runTarget, I'm getting this error message:

00:01:19.009 [ERROR] Unable to find 'portal.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?  

Once the runTarget points to the right host page (i.e. restart with a different profile), it works fine.

Rather cumbersome for me as I'm working on both GWT modules at the same time - I now have to stop DevMode, select another Maven profile which adjusts the hostPage and then start again.

How can I make that work with GWT 2.7 (and not switch to SuperDevMode)?

TIA

Thomas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment