Saturday, May 31, 2014

Re: useManifestOnlyJar and too-long command lines on Windows

This is more a Maven issue than a GWT one, you should try https://groups.google.com/d/forum/codehaus-mojo-gwt-maven-plugin-users next time.

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 5:57:37 AM UTC+2, Kay Pac wrote:
I have been getting errors when running 'mvn package'. They appeared when I changed the configuration for maven-surefire-plugin. I set useManifestOnlyJar to true, which is the default value for the plugin. The value was being set to false. I copied the POM XML directly from the output of webAppCreator run with the -maven switch. I don't fully understand the POM XML so I have never ediit so I've never really edited it.  A quick google search told me that 'useManifestOnlyJar' might be the culprit. However, now that I have set this to true, which again is the default for this plugin, I get a strange error (obviously I am inheriting com.google.gwt.user.User):

[ERROR] Unable to find type 'java.lang.Object'
   [ERROR] Hint: Check that your module inherits 'com.google.gwt.core.Core' either directly or indirectly (most often by inheriting module 'com.google.gwt.user.User')

I am looking for a solution to this "command line too long" problem, if someone can help. Setting useManifestOnlyJar to true in the maven-surefire-plugin configuration produces the above error. I suppose I could try to trim the classpath but I have no real concept of how to do that, besides perhaps moving my sources around.

The problem is that GWTTestCase won't work with useManifestOnlyJar, but as you experience it can also lead to command-line too long.
As a workaround, try running your GWT tests with the gwt-maven-plugin then; see http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/testing.html

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment