On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12:09:28 PM UTC-5 lofid...@gmail.com wrote:
You can use my zip file and follow the tutorial using that zip file Maven project...The GWT Java code like in the tutorial doesn't change at all, only the project structure with TBroyer GWT Maven plugin...lofid...@gmail.com schrieb am Freitag, 30. April 2021 um 19:07:22 UTC+2:Do not use that old GWT Maven plugin... it makes no sense, it is too old and all of the new stuffs in GWT are using TBroyer GWT Maven plugin 😉
It's very good Maven plugin...likejudo schrieb am Freitag, 30. April 2021 um 18:51:52 UTC+2:I was trying to follow the tutorial so I did not try your other sample yet.I think the reason is, my employer uses Mojo GWT Maven from Codehaus.Unless I am mistaken, it does not seem to have gwt-app packaging.On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 11:46:04 AM UTC-5 lofid...@gmail.com wrote:Hmm wyrd...Did you try to download the zip (https://github.com/lofidewanto/gwt-boot-sample-basic/archive/refs/heads/main.zip), unpack it and start in the unpack directory?mvn gwt:generate-module gwt:devmodeor complete:mvn net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:generate-module net.ltgt.gwt.maven:gwt-maven-plugin:devmodelikejudo schrieb am Freitag, 30. April 2021 um 17:54:19 UTC+2:> Try following this tutorial https://dev.to/ibaca/modern-gwt-first-steps-509kI get error:I tried it but when I run mvn packageUnknown packaging: gwt-appOn Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 3:39:14 PM UTC-5 aka...@gmail.com wrote:Try following this tutorial https://dev.to/ibaca/modern-gwt-first-steps-509kOn Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:36:02 PM UTC+3 lofid...@gmail.com wrote:Hi,today I won't use the GWT plugin for Eclipse anymore...
I would just use Eclipse / IntelliJ / Visual Studio Code and Maven.Some introductions:
Hope this helps.
- Here is a Padlet for GWT. You can find some presentations and articles about GWT here in this Padlet: https://bit.ly/GWTIntroPadlet
- Introduction slides: https://bit.ly/gwtintropresentation
- Simple article: https://bit.ly/WebJavaStory
- Comprehensive article: https://dev.to/ibaca/modern-gwt-first-steps-509k
- Simple "Hello World" example: https://github.com/lofidewanto/gwt-boot-sample-basic
- Just download the code as a zip file or make a git clone
- From this basic project you could do the tutorial steps abovelikejudo schrieb am Donnerstag, 29. April 2021 um 19:57:18 UTC+2:I am learning GWT and was trying to run this tutorial http://www.gwtproject.org/doc/latest/tutorial/index.htmlUsing the Eclipse GWT plugin 3.0 on Windows 10 and JDK 11
I get this error on the first line Error: There is '1' error in 'gwt-module.dtd'.I installed the plugin from the marketplace.I see this error in other tutorials too.Any suggestions appreciated.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/fa8cef2a-8e6c-4c75-85d3-992a26257ea5n%40googlegroups.com.