Monday, January 27, 2020

Re: GWT SuperDev sourcemaps suddenly not being loaded by Chrome/FireFox/IE/Edge

I think I figured it out. I am using a reverse proxy to front both the website delivering the gwt application and the codeserver. The reason for this is because our application requires SSL and I cannot easily switch it off. I based this reverse proxy on example code DevServer from Thomas Broyer. 

However that example code is not very complete. I noticed that it is still generating a sourceMapping 
URL that points directly to the codeserver on a non SSL port 9876.

I hope I can find a solution to rewrite the generated code to point it to the proper url through the reverse proxy.

Why does codeserver make it so hard to support SSL ? I would be nicer if codeserver at least would give us an option where we could tell it to generate proper urls as a path in our website iso expecting cross site links and ignoring the need for SSL.

Even if I would propose a patch for GWT 2.8.2 to improve the codeserver it would be a waste of my time since we are all waiting for a very long time to get an update on the 2.x release. I can't use non official build at my company.
On 24 Jan 2020, 18:18 +0100, Juan Pablo Gardella <gardellajuanpablo@gmail.com>, wrote:
Did you try if org.realityforge.com.google.gwt release has the same problem?

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 14:12, David Nouls <david.nouls@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using GWT for many years now. My project uses 2.8.2 and we are using SDM for debugging.
For some reason suddenly I can no longer debug my application in any of my browsers on my machine.
I was working up to 2 weeks ago.... and now it no longer works.

I have searched the internet for any hints what might be causing this... but found nothing that helps.

The strange thing is that it works when I connect from another PC to the same server that it works.

When SDM starts it prints that sourcemaps are available... but Chrome never even tries to download them.
In IE11 the button to download sourcemaps is disabled (and the mouseover says that there are no sourcemaps available).

Anybody a clue on what is driving the browser to decide that there are sourcemaps or not ?

What I don't get is that the problem is only on my machine (accessing the same server) and the problem is across all the browsers I have installed on it.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/5ce2b53e-6c9e-46ec-9e88-8b57da873ef0%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/CA%2BkiFsc2u%2BecGZem3L7Hw6_cRVG21JAp17H%3DBm5XJ%3DJibf%3DVjQ%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment