Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Migrating from GWT 2.5.1 to 2.8.2 - Problem with Super dev mode

Hey guys,

I'm trying to migrate my app which looks like this : 
GWT 2.5.1 front, PHP back, no maven -> GWT 2.8.2 front, PHP back, maven with gwt-maven-plugin.

I manage to mvn gwt:compile and mvn gwt:run-codeserver.

I actually think I'm confused about how the SDM runs now in 2.7+ but here is what I was thinking : 
  1. Run compile (optional ? ) via mvn gwt:compile
  2. Run code server via mvn gwt:run-codeserver
  3. Save the bookmarklet and compile via the popup on my gwt page 
  4. re-compile on every code change manually
The third point is the one that isn't working anymore (was ok in 2.5.1). In the popup I have :

mymodule : off This module doesn't have Super Dev Mode enabled.

Here is my module file: removed all the SDM lines that I understood are now useless, doesn't work anyway if I keep them :)


<module rename-to='mymodule'>
 
<!-- Inherits -->
       
<!-- ... -->

 
<!--  Entry point -->
 
<entry-point class="com.mycompany.mymodule.client.mymodule"></entry-point>

 
<!-- paths -->
 
<source path='client' />
 
<source path='shared' />

 
<!--  SDM  -->
 
<!-- <add-linker name="xsiframe"/>
 
  <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled" value="true"/>
 <set-property name="compiler.useSourceMaps" value="true"/> -->

 
 
<set-configuration-property name="CssResource.conversionMode"    value="strict" />
</module>


I'm serving my php page from a docker container on my localhost (so no HTTPS).

Any help is much appreciated :)

Ludovit

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment