Monday, March 27, 2017

Re: Starting new GWT project - what to use

I would seriously look into using some kind of Virtual DOM based library e.g. React, Preact or Vue. I have been using react for over a year both in Java and Javascript and I never want to go back to the old imperative approach. Even complex UI code is now relatively easy to comprehend. I made GWTReact so we could integrate React into our existing code base. However, it would be a good choice for a new project if you want to stick with GWT. Once elemental 2 is released I can remove any dependency on the old GWT code base.

I also use javascript + flow types for some of our newer projects. This works pretty well in intellij with the flow plugin. I don't mind either approach. 

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 12:55:27 AM UTC-4, Bryan Buchanan wrote:
Hi,

I've been a long time GWT user, and my current apps use gwtbootstrap, UI Binder, widgets, GWT-RPC. i.e. most of the stuff that, IMO, makes GWT worth using.

From the stuff I've seen about the 3.x release, a lot of this disappears. I'm wondering if there's any document anywhere which sets out "best practice" for any new GWT deleopment (or indeed, would you even use GWT ?).

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment