Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Any issues running in detailed (or pretty) style in production?

I've been using GWT for years and years but recently my customers have a problem that I can't reproduce, and they're remote so I can't just go check it out in person.

They're getting an unresponsive script error, and the browser will tell them where it is, but the code is obfuscated.  

I'm out of ideas for trying to reproduce, but I was thinking if I compiled the code as detailed (or pretty, what's the difference?), then they'd have a better chance at reporting back the problem.

So my question is, what are the ramifications of a non-obfuscated compile?  Obviously the javascript files will be (much) bigger, and besides an obviously longer download it will likely take the browser a bit longer to parse and load, but I assume there shouldn't be any issues beyond that?  

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment