Thursday, August 30, 2012

Multiple modules (how to share outer container state and structure)

I have read a whole bunch of articles on multiple modules, and I'm still not sure I fully understand what they are (or their limitations) so I'm hoping someone can help.

1. Can multiple modules be loaded in the same host page?

2. Can multiple modules live inside of the same RootLayoutPanel, or do they each have to attach themselves to the RootLayoutPanel?

If the answers to 1. and 2. are yes, how do you switch between the modules?

Can, for example, a common event bus be used between all the modules?

My use case is that I have a rather complex outer application shell (in GWT) which is concerned with basic navigation, alerts, etc. I would like the user to be able to perform 3 distinctly different functions from within that same frame (managing a library, working within a community, and some users will have administrative tasks).

I'm struggling with the best way to layout the entire application. Do I continue with one monolithic app where all context switching is done by places/activities?

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/F5e4KDxVTVsJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment