Thursday, January 13, 2022

Re: Performance Comparison GWT Transpiler with MacBook Pro M1 Pro processor

>  I haven't been able to get Eclipse to run natively as macOS AArch64 is only available from the 2021-12 version which just borks my project.  It seems to be a conflict with the google-cloud-plugin I use for appengine.

Same.  It's been reported to Google:  https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-eclipse/issues/3659#issuecomment-1011900580 

On Thursday, 13 January 2022 at 6:39:12 pm UTC+11 Shawn wrote:
Just to correct myself ...

I haven't been able to get Eclipse to run natively as macOS AArch64 is only available from the 2021-12 version which just borks my project.  It seems to be a conflict with the google-cloud-plugin I use for appengine.  Still 2021-09 with emulated Eclipse is a major improvement especially since the dev server and build processes can be run natively. 

Eclipse 2021-12 runs fine with AArch64.  I used the following from the Eclipse Market place which is what caused the trouble — Eclipse m2e - Maven support in Eclipse IDE 

And AArch64 is available before 2021-12 (4.22).  That the first version for a distributed J2EE download though you can get an earlier version and add in J2EE support.

And SDBG debugging still works (debugging in eclipse).  I wasn't able to build the SDBG for Java 11 anymore (I remember it being easy last time) but was able to use the one I'd previously build.

S

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/06f309db-6198-4485-aeb6-6ee312996b23n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment