Thursday, June 18, 2015

Re: client logging config help with unexpected popup

It's been a while since your last post, but I'm now having the same exact issue as you.  My target environment is RHEL 7, and I'm getting the logger popup.  So far I haven't been able to disable it, but the funny thing is it doesn't appear in SDM when I'm running in my dev (Win7) environment.

Have you managed to disable the popup?  My janky solution is to currently hide it with CSS, but that is only feasible because I don't use PopupPanels in my GWT app.


On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 10:56:56 PM UTC-6, rjcarr wrote:
Thanks for the response, but I'm fairly certain I've never started super dev mode, certainly not on my build server, nor do I see any unexpected cache folders in my working directory.  I like the idea though, maybe there is some other cache I can try? I vaguely remember seeing such a thing but I can't recall where.

>  If you want a lower level then you need to use ... in your own module.

Right, as I said, all I have in my config file is this:

<inherits name="com.google.gwt.logging.Logging"/>
<set-property name="gwt.logging.enabled" value="TRUE"/>
<set-property name="gwt.logging.logLevel" value="CONFIG"/>

Yet I'm still getting the logging popup.  Makes no sense to me.  As I said, it only happens in linux (specifically RHEL and it happened in both 5 and 7 although I don't see how it matters).  It didn't (and doesn't) happen in GWT 2.6.1 with the same exact config.

Thanks for any help you can offer!


On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Jens <jens.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am not sure if that also applies to GWT 2.7 as I am using GWT trunk but I had to delete SDM caches to let changes to logging configuration take effect. When SDM starts it tells you which workDir it uses for compilation. Next to that workDir SDM also creates a cache directory named "gwt-cache-<some hash>". Simply delete all these cache folders and also the workDir itself. Then start SDM again to give it a clean start.
>
> When you inherit Logging.gwt.xml then GWT will, by default, only log SEVERE and everything else will be compiled out. If you want a lower level then you need to use
>
> <set-property name="gwt.logging.enabled" value="TRUE"/>
> <set-property name="gwt.logging.logLevel" value="INFO"/>
>
> in your own module.
>
> -- J.
>
> --

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment