Friday, July 26, 2013

Re: Debugging GWT why does eclipse go berserk, debugs an older version of the project and hoards lots of Giga bytes to the system?

Answered on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/q/17873837/116472

On Friday, July 26, 2013 9:07:39 AM UTC+2, Gideon Bar wrote:

I have created a 3 module GWT project. Since I am still feeling around I want to save previous versions so for each version I copy the project with a different added number to the project name. This has adverse effects:

  1. The temp folder [windows 7 64 ] is crammed with tens and hundreds of Gigabytes which persist even if I delete the project in eclipse. My temp solution is to manually delete them every once in a while.
  2. Every now and then eclipse get's stuck on one of the versions and when i choose the newer version right click and file -debug as web application it runs the old code. I've tried switching workspace, restarting eclipse, restarting the computer, saving the project to no avail. finally I found that creating a new project and running it on debug and then deleting it does the trick.

I think that these are either major bugs or I'm doing something very wrong. How should I go about saving versions? how can I avoid these mishaps?


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment