Monday, May 18, 2020

GWT 2.8.2 to 2.9.0 - Possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file.The compile time user.agent value (safari) does not match the runtime user.agent value (gecko1_8).Expect more errors.

Hi,

So I upgraded our app from GWT 2.8.2 to 2.9.0 and I'm facing an issue with Firefox (it's a GXT 4.0.3 app but I don't think it's relevant in this issue)

It throws an Exception:

Possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file.The compile time user.agent value (safari) does not match the runtime user.agent value (gecko1_8).Expect more errors.

I can fix this issue by adding:

<set-configuration-property name="user.agent.runtimeWarning" value="false"/>

But I'd like to understand the root cause of this issue.

So I did some investigations and when I call: 
System.getProperty("user.agent")

In my client code 
  • with GWT 2.8.2, it returns gecko1_8
  • with GWT 2.9.0, it returns safari
But in both cases the backend picks-up the gecko1_8 permutation (I check it in compilation-mappings.txt).

Did GWT 2.9.0 introduce anything that could cause this behavior?

Thank you

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/dbd9690e-7afb-429e-bb43-ac5dd2dc551b%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment