You can use GraalVM to compile Java to WebAssembly.
The main limitation is multithreading; almost everything else works.
If you need a very small WASM binary, you can use J2CL.
I’ve actually already added WASM support to the j2cl-maven-plugin, but I still haven’t gotten around to publishing it.
On Sep 3, 2026, at 8:31 PM, Craig Mitchell <mail@craig-mitchell.com> wrote:
Do you use it to compile to JavaScript or WebAssembly?
I'd love to compile Java to WebAssembly, but I'm too nervous about the edge cases.
On Friday, 4 September 2026 at 7:43:09 am UTC+10 Tim Macpherson wrote:
Maybe interesting for some:.I'm using TeaVM. Main problem is source map debugging will usually descend into transpiled js, GWT doesn't have that problem otherwise ok it it lasts.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/9335d428-ddc6-4f79-b180-07f733051f05n%40googlegroups.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment