Friday, August 20, 2021

Re: The GWT Eclipse Plugin stopped working in Eclipse 2021-06

I've not seen the error.   2021-06, connecting to a Bitbucket repos.

On Friday, 20 August 2021 at 8:39:27 pm UTC+10 Shawn wrote:
Ha funny or not after a little use I got the same error.

I couldn't find the underlying issue mentioned anywhere (was a missing class) so didn't know what to reinstall and just restarted eclipse.  It works again.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 5:57 PM Shawn Brown <big.coff...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey.  Sorry to hear that.

I'm on v2021-06 and don't see eGit crashing.  That said, I mostly use GitHub Desktop.

I do remember struggling with v2021-03 to get a compatible eGit version installed.  Not sure why that was or if it's related to the SDBG plugin, but I think I installed the SDBG plugin prior to v2021-03.  Likely it was some other update or installation I tried that required a newer version of eGit and that installing it perhaps resolved the issue with SDBG.  Just speculation here...

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 5:04 PM mmo <mmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
@Craig Mitchell
> ...
> And all working great now!  Yay!  Thanks.

Unfortunately not quite: 

While the instructions to download, build and replace the SDBG plugin do work fine the replacement of the plugin had a very adverse side-effect (on my eclipse at least - v2021-03):
With the new SDBG plugin installed the eGit-plugin reproducibly crashes. I.e. I then can not access any git-repo anymore using Eclipse.

Cheers,
Michael

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/6cdd59cb-cccc-46a7-845f-8e42f5833420n%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/73b82bdd-c9f0-4696-8d32-7614b15f646bn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment