Thursday, June 28, 2012

GWT Designer -- GC overhead limit exceeded

I part of my job I dislike the most is laying out HTML. As such I have a love-hate relationship with GWT Designer. While it makes some things easier, in many more ways it's just plain maddening.

Currently my chief gripe is how GWT Designer keeps crashing Eclipse. Even when I'm not getting errors back on switching from XML Source view to Design view, the progress bar will stop and, after some wait, I receive an error dialog:

Designer [1.3.0.r37x201202021417.201206281156]: GC overhead limit exceeded
GC overhead limit exceeded

When I close this, I get a crash dialog and must close Eclipse.

I am running Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Version: Indigo Service Release 2, Build id: 20120216-1857 on openSUSE 12.1 with the latest Java 1.6 from Sun (although this has been a problem with earlier versions of openSUSE, Java, Eclipse, and GWT Designer).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/rynkXmrc9jwJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment