Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Does SuperDev Mode speed up development cycle?

Hi there, 

I can see SuperDev Mode removes the need for browser plugin, which is great. But, I personally do not see any gain on speeding development cycle. Is this what Super Dev supposes to address?

In DEV mode, my configuration compiles to one single browser permutation to cut down compile time and I do my local testing there. If I make a client code change, refresh browser. Eventually, we test all browser permutations, but we do not have to do that all the times for most code changes on client. 

In Super Dev mode. Every time I change client code, I need to recompile, which is not any faster than a "refresh browser in dev mode. 

Is this expected or am I missing something?

Thx,
Yan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment