Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Re: Variable UI

Remember, most UI is in html, so use width=100% whenever possible.
Also, you can use the layout panels so that you theoretically don't
have to deal with browser quirks such as IE's box model bug. A
refreshing layout such as the one you discussed is a very heavy handed
layout model and should be avoided at all costs and can cause major
performance problems, this is one of the main drawbacks to GXT and
SmartGWT IMO.

On Sep 8, 10:17 am, pete <bobobo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a little confused, I tried to create a variable UI, meaning
> titlebar with shall be adjusted to the browser window size, and
> various graphics to be scaled, fitting any resolution. (I use stuff
> like Window.getClientWidth() and image.setWidth(int))
> But now, when I first open the page, it is strangely dislocated, in a
> wrong size or some graphics not loaded at all. If I press refresh and
> load the module again, everything is fine.
> Does anyone know the reason for that? Principally I could include an
> auto refresh just at the beginning, but a) that is not really a nice
> solution and b) if I have various "stations" in my app where such a
> variable adjustment happens, I have to refresh several times (if a new
> variable widget is loaded after the first one, it needs refresh again,
> then the second time everything with that widget is fine, too)
> Hope anyone can shed some light on that, cause I'm really confused why
> it just doesn't work right away but after a refresh...
>
> Thanks in advance :-)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment