Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Having problems with GWT and RMI for client-server communication

Hi,

I'm having a problem with GWT and RMI.

I'm trying to make this kind of application : (GWT Client)<->(GWT
RPC)<->(GWT Server)<->(RMI)<->(external server)

I know that I can't use RMI in the client side code but I do not
understand why i'm having troubles on the server side code.
The application compile correctly but it makes an error message when
trying to do RMI request :
"java.rmi.Naming is a restricted class. Please see the Google App
Engine developer's guide for more details."

I have read lots of messages that say it is possible to use RMI and
GWT like I want to, but I have also read lot of messages that say it
is not possible.

So my question is, how to make RMI requests working on the client side
code ?

Christophe.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment