Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AJAX call doesn't ever seem to get made

Hi,

I have a really bizarre problem:
I am using the RPC mechanism that GWT provides to communicate with an
AppEngine server. This works well in all cases but one (that is I have
a number of methods declared but have only declared ONE service).

I have found out the following: The method on my ServiceAsync instance
gets called (which is by the way the same instance which worked for
the other requests), however the corresponding method in my
ServiceImpl never gets called. Hence no method on the callback is ever
called. Furthermore in the Firebug console I can see that no XHTML is
ever posted, so the server never receives anything. There are no
exceptions etc. I have tried compiling and deploying the code with no
luck.

This seems quite puzzeling, since it works in one case but doesn't in
a seemingly identical case. All of the arguments are serializable and
the return is void.

Is there any obvious reason why an RPC request would be ignored?
Equally helpful might be: Is there any place other than the Eclipse
console where GWT might log warnings / any way to turn up the log
level on the console?


Cheers,

Johannes

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment