Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Strategy for rendering static html content which contents anchor tags

First off, I've already searched this discussion group for possible
solutions but I haven't come across any solutions in my search so here
goes ...

I'm rendering html content which I've read from a database. The
problem I'm having is the html content can have hrefs to some bookmark
in the html content. Because I haven't done any type of preprocessing
of the html, this is unknown to the history framework so I can't just
queue the page link and expect GWT to find it. What are others doing
to accomplish this? I can see parsing the html to create anchors but
I'm wondering if there's an easier way.

Here's an example of some html content ....

<a name="example_top"/>
<strong>info we collect</strong>
<br/>
blah
blah
blah

<a href="#example_top">Back to Top</a><br/>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment