Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Re: How can I get a class by it's name and then construct it?

My problem is that I use GAE Python for the server so I can't really
have a backend with java.

But thanks, for now untill either GWT supports it or I'll move to pure
JS I'll manually import the needed class using runSync.

Thanks.

On 6 ספטמבר, 11:29, AlexG <alexander.gauss.ax...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Shedokan,
>
> you can do this on the server, not on the client. A few weeks ago,
> I ran into the same problem.
>
> Here is my solution:
>
> -> send the string with the classname to the srever.
> -> then do the following:
>
>        myClass = Class.forName(className);
>        Constructor myConstr = myClass.getDeclaredConstructor();
>        myModule = myConstr.newInstance();
>
>    Note that myModule is in my case an interface, and every class,
> which you
>    construct with Reflection, implements this inteerface.
>
>        return myModule;
>
>    Return myModule/your generated class to the client/GWT, and you can
> use
>    it there.
>
> I think it´s a really nice solution. Just try it.
>
> Greets Alex
>
> On 3 Sep., 15:43, Shedokan <shedok...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to split my code and load classes by a name I get from the
> > server.
> > I tried using Class.forName("com.app.classes."+className) but GWT
> > doesn't support it.
>
> > How can I get a class and then construct it like this:
> > new (getClass("com.app.classes."+className))("Param1", "param2");
>
> > Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment