Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Re: GWT Spring integration - what is the best method in late 2010?

When you got this error did you hit F5 (assuming you're using I.E.) to
refresh the browser? And did that help? Maybe try a project-clean?
Also, have you tried googling the error you got to see what it means?

On Sep 8, 5:36 am, Deepak Singh <deepaksingh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also downloaded SimpleGwtRpcSpringExample an dimported this into my
> eclipse 3.5 with jdk 1.6 but i could not run it.
> I got the exception
>
> com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: This
> application is out of date, please click the refresh button on your browser.
> ( Expecting version 5 from client, got 6.
> I also tried to configure them seperately into my project but got the same
> error.
>
> Any one who has done this gwt-spring integration, can u pls help on that.
>
> My need is to call web services method from spring and the get the result
> back to client code.
> Any other solution to integrate them if anyone is using.On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM, markM <mark.a.mccon...@pfizer.com> wrote:
> > Sam/George,
>
> > Just started looking into this same thing about a month ago.  My
> > experience was as follows.  I found that the Spring documentation
> > references the GWT Server Library so it must be the official pathway
> > correct?  I tried to use the inheritance methodology, one of three the
> > GWT Server Library supports, and got it working temporarily under
> > Jetty/GWT Eclipse plugin.  For some reason it stopped working.  Then I
> > read further in the GWT Server Library documentation and found that
> > the authors tell you simply not to use the GWT plugin's built in web-
> > server (Jetty).  In other words you have to work with the -noserver
> > option in GWT in order to debug server side code because Jetty doesn't
> > support J2EE features that Spring uses that for instance Tomcat or
> > other web servers support.  I had used -noserver previously and so
> > thought this not to be a big deal.  However, with a fair amount of
> > effort I never got the project to run even in -noserver mode.  My
> > experience with the GWT Server Library documentation and I believe
> > they even stated this in the documentation was that you're expected to
> > already understand Spring and this made it more difficult for me to
> > implmenet.  Moving to -noserver mode also required me to muck with
> > eclipse setting files in order to make my GWT eclipse project also a
> > Web-Eclipse project.  Probably with more time I would have been able
> > to figure it out but it wasn't clean having to muck with eclipse files
> > anyway and I was looking for the simplest methodology as I'm trying to
> > get folks within my company to understand the beauty of GWT and
> > roadblocks like this don't help.
>
> > Yesterday, after reading your post I downloaded the
> > SimpleGwtRpcSpringExample.zip file from the URL Sam mentioned
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/gwtrpc-spring/
>
> > The self-containing Eclipse project worked out of the box! under
> > Jetty!  I did have to move to JDK 1.6 and recompile to get rid of a
> > class versioning error.  I notice that the bright folks who wrote this
> > component created their own dispatcher class so as to not have to use
> > Spring's dispatcher class.  I'm assuming that this is the reason that
> > it worked under Jetty because their custom dispatcher doesn't rely on
> > the extra J2EE facilities that Spring's dispatcher does.  There may be
> > downsides to this component but I haven't seen any yet.  One thing I
> > read about the GWT Server Library is that if you use their inheritance
> > scheme to spring enable your server side rpc class it's faster because
> > it doesn't use reflection.  However, if all you're doing is making
> > calls into the server based upon button clicks the vast majority of
> > your processing is going to likely go in in the server and so the
> > performance thing may be of little consequence.  I don't see a pause
> > in the example greet server app when I click the button.  If anyone
> > has used the gwtrpc-spring component extensively and knows more about
> > the downsides, if any, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> > On Sep 3, 3:12 am, Alek <akorotenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > We also use SL for our project. I configured this solution once and
> > > forgot about it.
>
> > > Respect
>
> > > On Aug 31, 11:24 pm, George Georgovassilis<g.georgovassi...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > > Hi Sam,
>
> > > > The SL [1] is a community maintained integration of Spring and GWT
> > > > mainly focused at exporting Spring managed beans as RPC services. It
> > > > was launched four years ago and has reached through many releases a
> > > > high degree of maturity. The documentation is extensive, it's easy to
> > > > use (though I'm biased) but it's been criticized for not using maven.
>
> > > > [1]http://gwt-widget.sourceforge.net/
>
> > > > On Aug 31, 5:31 pm, Sam <sambrod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > Note: this thread is about using Spring for your service impls in a
> > > > > GWT app (it's not about integrating Spring MVC or using ROO. It's
> > also
> > > > > not about Guice)
>
> > > > > There are a few posts on this but it's hard to tell what the best
> > > > > method is today.  The two contenders seem to me to be:
>
> > > > > 1)http://code.google.com/p/gwt-spring-starter-app/(myprojectbased
> > > > > on P.G. Taboada's approach:
> >http://pgt.de/2009/07/17/non-invasive-gwt-and-spring-integration-relo...)
>
> > > > > which is as simple as can be, however, the one annoyance is that you
> > > > > need yet another class for each RPC Service (A wrapper that extends a
> > > > > spring context injecting RemoteServiceServlet)
>
> > > > > 2)http://code.google.com/p/gwtrpc-spring/
>
> > > > > Just glanced at this.  Looks a lot more complicated and the project
> > > > > has a lot of unresolved issues.
>
> > > > > Am I missing any approaches?  Surely you other GWT devs are using
> > > > > Spring on the back end if you're writing serious applications.  Don't
> > > > > be shy, please speak up.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs­cribe@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment